Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Indio to Blythe California


General Patton's Museum



Memorial Park in Blythe


Tuesday, September 9, 2008 was a very hot day. As I started my ride outside of Indio on Interstate 10 at 6:45 AM it was already 91 degrees. After riding about 4 hours, I needed Libby to come back and rescue me. I was out of water, and if you have ever made this trip you know there is nothing between Indio and Blythe. After getting more water I finished my ride about 1:30 and it was 102.

Originally, I had planned to ride south to Brawley on Hwy 111 past the Salton Sea then up north to Blythe on Hwy 78; but after visiting with a local sheriff I learned that it was okay to use the freeway. The shoulders were extra wide and very well maintained so other than VERY hot it was a smooth ride.



Miles traveled = 75
Total miles 347
Trivia = Bungee Cords along the road-72-- 24 of which were unbroken. No, I didn't stop to pick them up for recycling!!
Blown truck tires = too numerous to count!!

No comments: