Sunday, August 31, 2008

Thing I see



This sign appears along the shores of Lake Chelan which leads to the community of Manson. The sign is there because a cow actually fell on the roof of a car from the cliff that is on the opposite side of the road. I have driven this road many times to visit the schools in Manson . I often had concerns about the possibility of a large rock falling from the cliff but would have never expected a cow.

Talking about traveling, I turned in my 1991 Buick yesterday. It was just getting broken in, it had 315,000 miles on it. I will miss that car; it has been very faithful. Other than brakes and tires I spent $250 dollars on repairs over the duration of its life with me. I hope the bike I'm riding across America will be just as faithful.

1 comment:

LeOra said...

Libby and Leroy
Who picks up and counts the aluminum cans? We'll have to get out there on San Timeteo Rd. and collect them for Habitat! Did you feel safe on that road? Nice to get to know you. It was a plessure having you. Stay aware and safe and keep in touch.
LeOra and Ken