Monday, August 4, 2008

Seattle to Portland


I finally got some pictures back from my Seattle to Portland ride and I thought I should at least post one of them. As you can see by the fact I'm still wearing my jacket when this picture was taken early in the day. By 9:00 AM it was warm enough to get down to a single layer.
This past weekend I attend my 45th class reunion. I will post a few pictures when they become available just to show what happens to you when your age and graduation date are the same "63" We had a great time and it was nice to see "old" friends. I also had an opportunity to ask my classmates to contribute to the scholarship program which is the real purpose of this 3,300 mile ride I am training for which will start September 6 just a month and a couple of days from now.
We stopped on the way home in Monroe to visit other relatives. I shared with one of my relatives I had now pedaled 6,000+ miles getting ready for the ride across America. His response was,"To bad those are all wasted and don't count towards the actual ride". It is nice to have sympathetic relatives.

No comments: