Friday, August 29, 2008

Final Preparations

We have had a very busy past few weeks as we prepare to be out of the area for two months. It all sounds very easy to be gone for a couple of months until you start to take a close look at what it is you do each day. I have tried to make sure I have meet with or left notes to everyone but I am sure the cell phone will be ringing from people wondering about things I forgot to share with them prior to leaving.

My bike is currently in the bike shop getting it's final adjustments. At this point the bike has carried me over 5,000 miles and my exercise bike was over 2,000 miles in preparation for the ride across America.

We currently are at $45,000 in fund raising and hope by September 2 to be at the $50,000 level. I had an opportunity to speak to all of the Toppenish and Wapato school district staff members and I fell confident they both will kick in for their students.

This weekend is the big Wapato Harvest Festival, once it is over I will be free to get on my bike and ride

No comments: