Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Cycling 4 Scholarships: Leroy Pedals Coast to Coast

I have purchased my bike, a Trek Pilot 2.1. I have rode 3,000 miles to get in shape. I am believing this ride across Americas is very possible for a 63 year old to do. All that is necessary now is for you to support my ride by donating to the Toppenish/Wapato dollars for scholars fund. Our goal is to raise $100,000 or $30 dollars a mile.

You may donate by sending your contributions to: Kit Brown, Treasure, 241 Joyce PL., Yakima WA 98908

2 comments:

Barb@NLA said...

I know that you are concerned that you'll be compared to the guy who rode coast to coast on a unicycle. But remember that he wasn't earning scholarships $$ for kids from our area to go to college. So you'll still be the Big Kahuna in our books!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mr. Werkhoven! I read the article in the Yakima Herald at work this morning. It was fun to point out to everyone that my high school principal was doing something so great and still supporting kids from our area 110%. Wishing you a safe and successful journey.
~Kimberly (Winters) Husch